Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I have TONS of plans for this blog. Just getting started, its hard to decide where to start, but I think I will start with my area of most experience: Crochet. I need a few days to get all of the material put together and and posted. I will start with a basic "Beginners Guide" detailing supplies, terms, pattern reading, and basic stitches. 

From there, I plan to move on into more advanced projects and "How To's" of different kinds of stitch patterns. Once the basics are covered, I will get more into actual patterns and how to alter patterns you find but may not like certain aspects of. Off the top of my head, I can think of an amazing sweater pattern I found recently. It had a rather large blocky collar that I just didn't like. The solution: extending the collar and reworking it into a hood. I've found that more often than not people will completely pass on a pattern because of one small detail when a small alteration can make a world of difference. 

While I love to crochet, I also love crafts of all kinds. I will also be posting about other crafts I come across from sewing to jewelry making to re-purposing old/unused items. I also love to try out crafts and "for the home" ideas I find on Pinterest. I will be sharing those on this blog as well.

The only thing I love more than crafts is sharing crafts with others. I look forward to building a reader base to share crafting fun with as this blog grows. I'll be back in a day or two with installment 1 of Crochet Basics.

Stormi

No comments:

Post a Comment